Thursday 27 May 2010

Evernight - Claudia Gray

Goodreads description: Bianca wants to escape.

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.


This is a very easy read. I really enjoyed it. This was a take on a myth that I have never seen before and it really worked. The setting for this novel was absolutely perfect and it was described so well that I could see it clearly in my head.

The characters in this novel are very well introduced and developed. For the most part they are very believable and their interactions are very well written. I do have one problem though and that is Bianca and Lucas' relationship. After certain events I found their relationship very hard to believe and completely immature.

On the whole though I did enjoy this book. I will definitely be reading the rest of the books in the series, in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment